Friday, September 30, 2011

WE'RE ENGAGED!!!

Like, officially!

So, as time goes on, I appreciate the engagement story more. James is a bit of an acquired taste, I've realized.

So, he and I were in the kitchen as he was getting something to drink. He TRICKED me into complaining about not having a ring. He knew just what to say, too.

"You know, in less than a week, we'll have been dating seven months!"
"Oh, ya..."
"What? You sound disappointed" (at that point, I knew he was setting me up to complain about it cause he's been doign that for a few weeks)
"I dont' WANNA be dating for seven months!!"
(I immediately noticed the overreaction to my comment) "Jane, WHAT CAN I DO to make you stop complaining about nto having a ring???"
"Umm... give me two?"
*He waltzes over to his jacket, pulls out a box from the pocket, slams it into my hand*
"Here's half"

Yup. That's how it happened. I insisted that he got down on one knee, which he eventually did. Then I had to force him to actually ask me to marry him.

"...But I already know what you're going to say"
"Ask it anyway!"
He did. I said yes.

About the ring:
aquamarine- (you can see the blue better in these pictures than in real life, it looks a lot like a diamond, which I wanted) I told him I didn't want a diamond because I'm concerned with the acts against humanity that  often happen with diamonds. Many places offer certification to prove that they were acquired humanely. However, they can't always be accurate.  I heard a story of how recently a diamond pit was found in Africa. People risked their lives (the government shot them if they saw them) to acquire diamonds so that they could feed their families. Those would be considered acquired "honestly" Also, a guy could buy diamonds from a dishonest source, then lie about how he acquired them as he sold them to America. I know, I shouldn't be concerned. I mean, Africa is known for its integrity and honest business practices. The two stones on the side are cubic zirconium). Also, diamonds are overrated and overpriced.
White gold (cause yellow gold just doesn't go with aquamarine)
Shape It's actually a VERY subtle heart shape. But it looks more round (or vaguely triangular) than anything.

I'm happy. :D

More pictures:






You know, from these angles, it looks a rose.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHA. James is awesome.

    Remind me someday to tell you my uncensored proposal story. (I tell people a less detailed version, because Scott is a bit of an acquired taste too.)

    *squee*

    ReplyDelete