Friday, September 9, 2011

More moving stuff

So I've been getting to sleep before 10pm every night this week and I've been thinking that I'm just getting old. I mean, I'm a twenty-something college graduate and I'm going to bed before 10??? I do have the disadvantage that I can't drive at night, but still, it's annoyign that I have so few friends. I'm a social butterfly... why am I not having dinners and social events? Oh yes, because my apartment is a wreck!
This is my pantry. With the exception of the dishes on the top of the left shelves, those are all books. It is huge, which is awesome, but ya, it's annoying that there's so much stuff. 


One week ago, the apartment looked like this:



Now, it looks like this
Sigh. it hurts. But at least all of James' stuff is here, now. We just get to go through it whenever he comes by. Obviously, for those who don't know, just because we are engaged does NOT mean he lives with me. That is immoral and wrong. Well, I guess it's not technically always immoral, for example, I knew of a couple that lived in the same house after they both lost their homes in Katrina and they moved in with her parents. That was temporary and they both hated it. However, under normal circumstances, that's just not right (the sin of living together without having sex is still a mortal sin because it's putting yourself in a "near occasion of sin" and let's face it, under normal circumstances, if you're living together, people are going to assume you're having sex). I tend to forget that most people in this country don't live by the same standard and I was actually chastised a bit for not living with my boyfriend by a hairdresser. Look, we believe that sex before marriage is wrong. I really honestly don't give a crap about whatever "do what you feel like" nonsense you want to put in my head. 

I do tend to make myself sound bad though, cause I constantly talk about his stuff being here and I say things like, "Let's go home" to him. Oops. Look, I grew up a good little Christian girl with no idea how often that actually happens (okay, at least until I went to my public high school). I assume that people are going to realize that James and I believe in purity before marriage. I try and watch myself, but oh well. People will think what they will. 

James feels badly about the mess he's making, but we both realize that there just is no other place to put it all. He's currently living with his mother and she doesn't have enough space. He promises to give away most of it, but he has hoarding tendencies so he wants to go through everything. See, with me, I could just seriously through away everything that's not religious. We want to give away some religious things, but we want to make sure they go to a home where they will be treated properly. You shouldn't ever throw away pictures of saints or the Blessed Virgin or Our Lord, but people do all the time. James makes every effort to burn all of the Catholic newsletters or papers he gets with any religious symbols on them. Though it can get annoying, I appreciate how strongly dedicated he is to doing what's right no matter the inconvenience. Don't ever throw away Sacramentals, either, just sayin. 

I want more Catholic friends! It's the pain of moving to a new area! I don't know many people! I have GOT to make friends!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment