Monday, October 3, 2011

Medicine and musings

Well, I'm starting to hold up rather well with my new medication. Because it's new, I have to talk to my doctor about some of the potential side effects that have been researched. Among which include potential dangers to fetuses (I looked at the actual research myself, I'm not very concerned after seeing the details of it), risk of withdrawals (when finishing the medicine), and a bunch of other minor risks. Right now my side effects are pretty much limited to trouble sleeping at night... which I've always had anyway, so ya. Unfortunately, I hear next week (when I go up to the full dosage) is supposed to get the worst. We shall see. Also, I'm going to talk to my doctor about side effects and possible dangers when I see him in a month.

James bought this jacket that was on major sale the other day. It's way on sale but it looks like something an Oxford professor would wear when smoking his pipe or something (gee, I wonder WHY it was on sale...). The man loves his tweed. At first I was very opposed to him getting it... but then he bought me a block of fudge and I seemed to give in just a little bit. He really likes it, and it suits him. I'm just still getting used to his personal style.

The heater wasn't working at first, and my apartment was at 50 degrees for a while. Luckily, Mr. G upstairs got it working for me! Never had 65 degrees felt so warm! Today is sunny and "69 degrees" (according to the weatherman). I opened all my curtains up wide to get as much sun in as possible, and one of my blinds fell down. I have no idea how to fix it. I guess I'll try and fix it myself, or else ask Mr. G or Emily to help. But it's been nice. The heat hasn't kicked on in hours, yay.

I'm currently eating mashed potatoes as a snack. The proper way to make them is one part potato, one part butter, and one part salt... right?

James just opened the door cause he's checking out the local gun store (yup...). As I walked toward the door I realized that it actually IS warmer outside than in. THAT explains the heat not needing to kick in. I'm a genius *rolls eyes*

Today is the Traditional feast of St Therese! She's one of my absolute favorites and I entrust my dearest prayer petitions to her care. Among other things, I have her helping me look for a job right now. I wouldn't mind prayers for that from you, too!

I watched The Scarlet and the Black for the first time yesterday (I know, I'm a Catholic fail). It was very enjoyable. I love priests, particularly awesome ones. I'm not the biggest fan of the way they portrayed poor old Pope Pius XII, mainly because I know he was rather active in fighting the Nazis... in his own way (I believe it was actually the pope who arranged the gold collection for the Jews, not the priest).

That's really all I got right now. Have a blessed day, everyone! Please pray for my job hunt!

1 comment:

  1. I love Scarlet in the Black! Great movie; great actors! :-)

    P.s. You need to follow my blog too: http://franciscangypsy.blogspot.com/. Not that I post much, but, hey, tit for tat. ;-)

    Glad to hear the meds are working for you. :-)

    James and guns... is there more of a story here? lol

    ReplyDelete